contact me

Monday, June 30, 2014

Beach


Top from L'amore at JCP
Kate Spade Necklace
Lost brand shorts from Vignette's

Ah yes, summer. A time for excessive tanning, sleeping, and eating, and, what better place to do all of that stuff than THE BEACH?  The beach is a magical place. It has great food, great weather(most of the time), and great backdrops for photos. What could go wrong?

                                               
(actual photo of my best friend at the beach) 

Obviously the majority of the population is forgetting that when you combine self-conscious girls in bikinis and a vast body of water that they are expected to walk around like Victoria Secret models, many, MANY things can go wrong. I'm talking sunburns, bathing suits coming untied accidentally, tripping while walking past of a frat collection of guys looking like Channing Tatum/Ryan Gosling hybrids, the list goes on. 

(actual photo of me at the beach) 

Often times these things result in hiding under a big umbrella(ella) and drinking capri suns (works for me). But, when it's absolutely imperative that you venture out into the salty shores where dead jellyfish and drunk people wash up, it is possible to look decent!

In the outfit above these awk beach pics, I'm wearing a funky tank with tons of neon colors. Neon colors make you look tan, keep calm and wear neon at the beach(sorry about that). On the bottom I'm just wearing denim lace shorts for a casual, yet cute vibe. For the final, and most important piece, I'm wearing a colorful necklace. My advice to make a fun, free people-y outfit while on the beach is to pile on the jewelry. Although I'm only wearing one necklace, this one really speaks for itself. 

Oh yeah, another tip for the beach is something I like to call A.W.S.A.A.T.A. It means, Always Wear Sunglasses At All Times Always. I think it speaks for itself.

-Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment