contact me

Monday, June 30, 2014

Distressed About Distressed Denim Skirts and Early 2000s Culture


Okay, if you know me, or if you follow me on twitter(@maggieisntcool), you might know that I have an unhealthy obsession with late 90s/early 2000s culture. 

Yes Cohen, obsessed is a strong word, but I promise everyone, it fits my degree of affection. Music, fashion, tv shows, movies, Juicy Couture tracksuits- I love it all. Everything was just better in the early 2000s. Everyone had Myspaces and Justin Bieber was not relevant yet. They got to watch life-changing television like Laguna Beach AND The O.C.


Not even joking, The O.C. changed my life. Buttttt, I'll save my obsession post for another day. Right now, I want to talk about one particular trend. Denim skirts. What happened to them? Where'd they go? Did they all end up in LC's closet after Laguna Beach ended? Or did Britney and Justin simply gather all the distressed Hollister and Abercrombie skirts and produce this infamous number? 

It's highly possible that all the denim skirts in the world got swooped up into this red carpet look, but I, Outfit of the Day By Maggie, have managed to find one of the remaining denim skirts and have created an ootd to broadcast to all of you readers! Congratulations! This is an important moment! 


I styled mine like any good 2005-er would with a cute crop top! However, I added some modern twists, like the ankle boots and the boho necklace. I thought this outfit was really fun and easy to wear to an outdoor concert or just a simple day out. Look out world! This is living, breathing proof that denim skirts don't have to hide anymore! This summer, dig out your old denim skirt and turn up the Dashboard Confessional!


Yet, NEVER forget all the other lost trends of the late 90s/early 2000s. RIP my good friends. Come back as trends sometime (except for you, butterfly clips).

~Maggie~


***sorry this post was so terrible


No comments:

Post a Comment