contact me

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Just cut the sleeves off!

Old navy top
Forever21 vest
Necklace from Urban Outfitters
Gap jeans
Booties from Charlotte Russe

Hiiiiiii friends today I'm wearing a bunch of things and colorblocking and top knot and vest and....OMG trend overload. Okay so I've really been wanting to colorblock my royal blue shirt with my bright yellow jeans but when I tried it, it always looked too preppy or too boring(for me at least!) so I looked for anything I could use to accessorize it. I found this old grey Forever 21 jacket that I could never really put to good use. When I tried it on with my outfit, it look even more preppy and business-y. So, I kind of had a "teenage daughter trying to rebel from her fun-sucking parents" moment and cut off the sleeves. It was fun. And I loved the finished product!! It gave the outfit, and the jacket, a completely different, better look. After that, I added a long silver necklace for some extra pizzazz and, lastly, there was no choice but to wear my black heeled booties. They were too cute to pass up. I hope I inspired some of you to maybe try out this color combo, or maybe cut off the sleeves to their old jackets!
Love,
Maggie








No comments:

Post a Comment