contact me

Saturday, January 25, 2014

"So Prom is Four Months Away But I Need to Find a Dress Now..."

Hey Maggie, homecoming was four months ago, why are you just now posting this? Um okay sorry self sometimes I get distracted by Netflix and food!! Okay, for real though..... Hi everyone! Welcome to my Homecoming-that-was-too-late-for-homecoming-post-so-now-it-is-a-prom-post! These looks were from my school's homecoming week in which I was nominated for the Homecoming Court! I was so lucky and #blessed to be on the court with such beautiful and kind girls! I had a BLAST that week participating in parades, pep rallies, spirit days, and, most importantly, the FOOTBALL GAME! Wait, who am I kidding? I know nothing about sports! The most important thing was definitely the outfits! (just kidding but seriously). So, here are my looks from homecoming, which might inspire you for this prom season!
 
 

The first look was a Tony Bowles gown I wore to participate in the homecoming parade! I rode in my 'stang and waved to the children like it was Princess freakin' Diaries! The dress is mermaid style, which I was hesitant about, but once I tried it on, I fell in love! If you're wanting to try out mermaid style for prom this year, I definitely recommend getting one with a simple pattern, since the style of the dress speaks for itself! That's why this one was so especially beautiful to me, it was simple but had enough sparkly and style to light up a room!
 

The second look I wore was a Jack by BB Dakota cocktail dress. I wore this for the homecoming pep rally where I strutted down the gym floor with my BFF Eric! I know this quality is low, but the dress is half leather, half chiffon. Leather should not be underestimated. When paired with the right material and accessories, leather can be extremely elegant. I think the leather dress trend for prom this year would be SO COOL to try out this year! It says, "I'm going to prom but I'm cool enough to be at an Oscar's after party."

 

The final look is indeed from the football game/crowning. This dress is a Shail K which is still in stock at here at promgirl! I fell in LOVE with this dress the second I saw it on promgirl.  This dress is so gorgeous because 1. The Color- this color is not really gold but not really silver either, it's unique and it will stand you out from the light blues and hot pinks. 2. The Embellishments- the top of the dress is the ONLY place that has sequins on it, which makes it very elegant compared to the full body sparkle dresses. And 3. The Ruffles- these ruffles literally looked like the ocean waves moving calmly in the sunset (not really but really) every time I took a step. If you want to glide down the dance floor while looking red carpet worthy, I definitely recommend this dress!
 
I hope you enjoy this post! Follow me on Instagram @outfitofthedaybymaggie for more!
Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment