contact me

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blazers

Blazer from BP Nordstrom
Random B&W tank
Scarf also from BP Nordstrom
AE jeans
Booties from Urban like 1000 years ago;)

Today in my marketing class, we had to complete "mock interviews," as if we were applying for an actual job. So, my challenge was to dress in business attire while also maintaining a casual school outfit. Now I know this is a weird situation and girls do not normally have to mix the two at school lol, but this outfit shows how to wear a blazer without looking like they are going to work at a real job. The easiest way to wear a blazer is to pair it with some kind of stripes. I'm not sure why, but it tends to give off a more casual look. Over my stripes, I added a fun pink scarf, then put on skinny jeans and booties to add a "younger" and "hip" vibe. Lastly I placed my hair in a sleek top knot to give off a professional appearance. There are 100s of other ways to wear this item that used to only be worn by grown women in the workplace, this is just one. Also, colorful blazers are something I've been dying to try. Also, wearing a blazer with a dress can really make a girl look classy. So, don't think your mother or grandmother are the only people who can wear them! Dress them up or down and have some fun with blazers! Thanks for reading!
<3
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment