contact me

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Librarian Chic

Gap top
Urban Outfitters Skirt
Black boots

In the words of Rachel Berry, "librarian chic" is a style that can only please a few unique individuals. However, I spiced mine version up a bit with a tight pencil skirt and tall boots. Yet, while I was doing this, I was mixing patterns as well. I got a lot of questions about how to mix patterns without looking like you're not matching. My answer is simple: when you're mixing patterns, try to use patterns that all have at least one of the same color in them. For example, my top has a black stripe, my skirt has a black diamond thing(idk), and my boots are black. It's hardly noticeably, but when you look at the outfit as a whole, the black(and white) theme is carried out from head to toe. Now, if you're feeling crazy and WANT to mix patterns that have no relation whatsoever, I salute you! You rock. If you have any more questions about mixing patterns or want to send me pictures of your outfit, email me at maggiea95@comcast.net!
xoxo,
maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment